Shopping in Kuala Lumpur is very easy, as the metropolis is full of shopping malls, out which you can find the most exclusive ones and the bargain places. The main shopping areas of KL city can be found inside the “Golden Triangle” area, which you can easily walk through or use the Monorail for doing so. Other shopping areas include the area of Bangsar and Midvalley roads, which are on the Southern side on the city and can be reached by the local Metro. In our article, we would like to introduce you to some of the best shopping malls of the city with the reason why you would visit them.
- Berjaya Times Square – Not too far from the Imbi Metro station Eastwards from Chinatown, you can find this enormous shopping mall which is one of the biggest in Asia. The huge shopping mall will surely take away your day, as it offers various retail stores on altogether 12 levels. The best place to go to check out the latest trends and it is also extremely popular for having the biggest indoor theme park in Malaysia that you can find on the seventh floor. This is a must- visit shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Starhill Gallery: This is the most luxurious shopping mall of KL city, located within the popular Golden Triangle district. This shopping mall boasts of a high variety of luxury brands such as LV, Chanel, Dior, Valentino, Versace or Gucci, among many others.
- Pavillion KL - This enormous shopping mall is quite new being built in 2007, and it offers the choice of around 450 various retails that range from the most expensive Burberry Prorsum to the urban wear brands. You can find the label stores of Hermés, Gucci, Boss, and Prada but in the same time, you can also get to see Juicy Couture, Zara or Mango. The famous shopping mall was the first for many luxury brands to open their very first store in KL city. The mall has a huge food court with various fast food and normal restaurants and cafes.
- Fahrenheit 88 – This shopping mall has reopened its doors to the public in 2010 after closing down for a couple of years. The large shopping mall is today among the trendiest places being full of stores of teenage and sportswear and houses fashion stores of several local designers. H&M opened its very first store in Fahrenheit 88. If you want to check out the latest Japanese teenage trends, do not miss visiting Uniql and Muji stores.
- Lot 10 – Widely considered as the best shopping mall of KL city, Lot 10 is also a happening mall since its renovation. The mall has dozens of hip stores and it is very popular for those who would like to taste local and international specialties. Lot10 has a great rooftop garden terrace, which gives place to several bars, terraces and cafés. It is very busy during the evening hours. The mall also sports a cool gym and a Debenhams.
- Low Yat Plaza – If you are looking for gadgets or any electronic goods or replicas, then this plaza is your place to go. Selling goods much cheaper than their original price, this plaza is always busy and has an extra large clientele. Be prepared that most of the devices here are fake.
- Sungei Wang Plaza - This is the trendy Chinese clothes market of Kuala Lumpur where you can buy fine quality Chinese garments, many of which come to Europe to be sold for a much higher price. The store has lots of replica handbags, belts and all sorts of luxury goods.
- Bangsar Shopping Centre, known simply as BSC, this is the favorite shopping mall of especially the British expats who live here in large numbers. The mall houses several specialties coming from the UK. Check out the Cold Storage Supermarket and Burlington Tailor Shop to see the two unique stores in the shopping centre.
- Bangsar Village- Connected to the former mall, the new building is now connected to the old one through a covered bridge. This is an ordinary shopping mall with lots of retails and fine prices located along Bangsar Road.
- Mid Valley Megamall and Gardens at Mid Valley - This two malls, which form one, are among the largest shopping malls of Asia with lots of department stores, a Carrefour hypermarket, Jusco, MetroJaya among many other brands
After introducing you to these great shopping malls of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, let us also suggest you to visit the Central Market, which is located in the downtown Old City part of Kuala Lumpur and it is among the best touristic shopping places of the city. The market was awarded with quality architectural awards and it is one of the historical buildings of this relatively young city built roughly in the same time and the capitals constitution.